Billy Dilley’s Super Duper Subterranean Summer (Series) is a 2017 Disney Channel Miniseries. Created by Aaron Springer, (who previously did Spongebob Squarepants, Samurai Jack, The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy, Gravity Falls and the current run of Mickey Mouse shorts. Springer was also behind the Adult Swim pilot Korgoth of Barbaria. The series premiere in Disney XD on June 3, 2017.
About the Show
Unexpectedly trapped in a new mysterious world, Billy, along with his classmates Zeke and Marsha, must work together to repair his science fair project, “The Cheeserator,” in order to get back to the earth’s surface. Throughout the series, Billy’s curiosity and thirst for knowledge will lead the group on wild and unexpected adventures through the subterranean playground where he will make the most important scientific discovery of all – friendship.
The show was first announced in 2014 as a potential pilot. In March 2016, it was confirmed that Disney XD has greenlit the show for a full series.
In 2015, Merriwether Williams was confirmed in a Twitter post by Vincent Waller as one of the show's writers,whilst Character designer Robertryan Cory announced on his Tumblr page he has been working on the series since December 2014, just over a year before the pickup was officially announced.
The show originally was supposed to premiere on Spring 2017 but for "daylight savings" it was moved to Summer 2017.
The Show will air on June 3, and it will air new episodes up until June 15th.
- June 5, 2017 (Canada)
- June-July 2017 (Latin America)
- July 1-2 (Southeast Asia)
- July 7, 2017 (Germany)
- September 5, 2017 (UK/Ireland)
- October 2017 (Australia and New Zealand)
- TBA Late 2017-Mid-2018 (EMEA/Japan)
- The series art style is heavily based off of a Cartoon Network Pilot, Baloobaloob’s Fun Park, which was originally created by Aaron Springer.
- This is probably one of the miniseries on the Disney Channel.
- This was originally going to premiere in 2018, but was pushed to 2017 while another show, Big City Greens, (which was originally assigned for 2017) ended up taking its place for the 2018 release date.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|